Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Job Description for this position includes:
This position is responsible for participate in planning, development, and release of the product. This role will be responsible for analysis of Database performance, identifying bottlenecks, problems, as well as solutions to areas related to the architectures and software applications.
- Design, development, and implementation of complex functional, performance, and scalability tests
- Collaborate with the application developers, architects and project team on physical database design and implementations
- Assist in tuning complex business analytical queries
- Monitor and tune of database environments to ensure optimum performance and maximization of available resources.
- Define performance test success criteria by working with external teams and publishing acceptable KPIs & Metrics
- Install, maintain and implement all performance testing tools in right environments; including all upgrades and patches etc.
- Work individually on the tasks and a Team player – working closely with Developers, TLs and architect.
- Prepare high quality documentation of design/architecture/database infrastructure documents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Equivalent degree.
- Experience – 5 – 8 years
- Experience with Oracle/MSSQL/Postgres Databases.
- Solid experience in Performance tuning and Database Internals.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks for scalability and performance
- Solid understanding of SQL execution and explain plans strongly desired
- Performance engineering experience with parallel database systems or large distributed systems is strongly desired
- Excellent skills in summarizing large amount of metrics into meaningful graphs and reports with recommendations for actions to improve
- Working knowledge of operating system perf tools (perf, top, vmstat, iostat, etc.)
- Experience of Load testing tool like LoadRunner
- Good to have knowledge of GitHub and source control system.
- Knowledge of micro services concepts and various implementation patterns.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, Perl, or Bash, etc. to automate and drive performance experiments
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top