Software Delivery Engineer
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of Software Delivery engineers providing technical Infrastructure support to Central and Regional UK Government users. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT Support, they will have second/third line support background, and have good customer service and communication skills
Description of Role
- Management of software changes within associated application delivery solutions (SMS, HPCA, App-V, Citrix Xenapp, Appsense).
- Distribution & Activation of software applications / patches / hotfixes. Targeting Workstations, Laptops, windows Servers SMS, HPCA, MSI installation.
- Creation and management of Citrix PVS managed Gold build images.
- Manage the control of software application pilots & regressions as part of the distribution process where necessary.
- Generation of software distribution & installation status reports.
- Perform system health checks, status monitoring of SMS, HPCA, App-V, Citrix, Appsense hierarchy
- Attend relevant release meetings as required.
- Establish complete and accurate documentation of Local work instructions as required.
Role Specific Technical Skills
- Microsoft SCCM/SMS 2003
- Windows Deployment Server
- SQL Awareness and basic T-SQL ability
- Active Directory & Domain Architecture
- DHCP & DNS awareness
- App-v 4.6
- Appsense DesktopNow
- Citrix XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop
- VB Scripting Skills / Powershell awareness and/or scripting ability
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 2-5 years of relevant experience
Essential Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge and usage of software delivery and image deployment technologies (HPCA/SCCM/SMS).
- Working knowledge of AppSense (Environment Manager, Application Manager, User Personalization)
- Citrix Xenapp 5 and Citrix Xenapp 6.5 configuration and end user support.
- Desktop and Server based OS knowledge (Win7 / W2K3 / W2k8 etc)
- General Networking awareness associated with standard 2nd / 3rd line desktop support exposure.
- Understanding of Microsoft AD managed domains and associated services e.g. DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of technology within in direct responsibility
- General understanding of related technologies
- Customer Service
- Candidates should possess Disclosure Scotland/current BPSS clearance or be willing to undertake appropriate security vetting to achieve
- Candidates should be UK national, no dual nationals should apply
Desirable skills and knowledge/certifications
- Any Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare/Appsense certification
- VMware / HPCA / App-V / SCCM
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top