Software Architect - Campus & Branch Networking BU
Want to work on something really different and exciting? How about building a new and modern Integrated Campus Architecture for Next Generation Unified Wired & Wireless architecture in campus networking. Come and join the newest team in Campus & Branch Networking BU and unleash your imagination.
You would bring the desire to be part of an advanced team at the forefront of modern systems development that will deliver the product ideas and innovative technologies that will be at the core of the future of Campus and Branch networking. This is a great place to demonstrate and grow design and development skills in an interdisciplinary environment with other smart people – and have lots of fun doing it.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS with equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Ability to look at both deployment-wide view and system-wide view of the technology architecture
- Experience across broad set of technologies in Campus and Branch Networking
- Ethernet switching development and technologies
- Wireless AP and controller related technologies
- Networking data path services like packet filtering, qos, classificiation, DPI, firewall, application recognition, identity, policy management in campus/branch networks
- Network Management and cloud-based development technologies
- 6-8 years of experience as software developer.
- Familiarity with the art and science of high performance implementation of various protocols in TCP/IP stack
- Experience using software applications design tools, source control tools, build environments, and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work successfully independently, or as part of teams, across groups and locations in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors and other architects in the company, Managers and Program Core Teams.
- Leads a project requiring software applications development.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top