SMB Account Manager
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world’s largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world’s largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
Every day, HPE Software helps IT organizations perform better. As new technologies—such as mobility, virtualization, and cloud services—make the IT landscape more complex, we give IT leaders the insight and control they need to measure, improve, and communicate IT’s contribution to the business. Across every essential function and every lifecycle phase, we help IT align with business goals, manage hybrid IT environments, guard against security threats, mitigate risks, and comply with regulations.
HP Software is:
- One of largest software companies in the world
- #1 or #2 in all software markets in which we compete
- Leading infrastructure SaaS provider
- Ranked #1 in enterprise software technical support
- Ranked #1 in Silicon Valley patent filing (2012) with 2000 software patents
- Serves more than 50,000 customers, including 94% of the Fortune 100
We are looking for highly motivated, ambitious, career-driven individuals to sell our IT Operations Management (ITM), Application Delivery Management (ADM), Enterprise Security (ESP) & Big Data products and solutions in the new role of SMB Account Manager. Individuals performing this role will have full responsibility for a set of end-customer accounts in a defined territory without the burden of travel associated with field sales.
SMB Account Managers are expected to:
- Sell products and services to an assigned geographic or account based territory.
- Own the end-customer relationships across a number of decision-makers, carry primary quota, and be responsible for hitting growth targets.
- Balance the use of social, digital, telephone and email sales tactics.
- Identify new business opportunities and upsell existing install in territory and with HP partners by creating and implementing territory campaigns.
- Prospect and close on line and by phone, leveraging modern selling tools.
- Responsible for understanding HP’s product offerings and competitive environment.
- Balance inbound and outbound prospecting to gain access to the right buyers.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a degree from university
- Have 4-8 years of selling or account management experience
- Demonstrate a track record of sales success, regularly meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Have experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Have experience in the IT industry with exposure to and experience with new, evolving models of software delivery to customers in SaaS, Cloud and Mobile models.
- Have experience with one or more of the following products and solutions: Service & Portfolio Management (SPM), Business Service Management (BSM), Automation & Cloud Management, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Arcsight, Fortify, Tipping Point, Haven, IDOL
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be career motivated and embrace opportunities for upward mobility at HPE
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top