Shift Security Analyst
Fantastic opportunity for experienced Security Analysts to join our team utilising the latest tools and techniques in the industry to enable us to continue to deliver to multiple clients of national interest. Come and apply your skills as HPE enters a new era and benefits from the significant investment in making Erskine one of only two Regional Delivery Centres in the UK.
The Security Analyst team is an integral part of the Security Incident Response Process with the Security Operations Centre (SOC). The Security Analyst team is responsible for the continuous investigation of correlated security event feeds and the appropriate escalation in case of an identified security incident. They are the primary contact for any suspected security incident and work together with the remediation team on resolving incidents and remediating threats to Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
The Analyst also takes part in the creation and steady improvement of correlation rules, security policies, processes and procedures and other department related documentation.
As an analyst you will be responsible for:
- Investigate incidents using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, and pattern analysis.
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
- Security analysts should have knowledge of:
- Information security policies and goals
- Log analysis and event traffic patterns
- The current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Experience of one of the following:
o Experience of using SIEM tools, ArcSight (preferred), QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee etc
o Network operations or engineering
o System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
- “General” technical skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, networking and security product experience
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, able to train and coach other team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in information security related roles, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or security device administration.
- An active interest in Internet Security, incident detection, network and systems security
- Relevant technical and industry certifications are a plus, e.g. GIAC, SANS, CEH, Cisco, ITIL etc
You need to be willing and eligible to go through SC Security Clearance, which we’ll put you through.
The shift cover pattern is 4 on 4 off alternating between 7:30am -7:30pm & 7:30pm -7:30am, this role comes with a generous shift allowance on top of your salary.
As a Security Analyst in HPE, you can look forward to advancing your knowledge and career with the market leader in the security field, by working in a new SOC working with key clients using some of the best tools and methods in the market to help combat the security threats within security, cloud and security in the cloud. Erskine campus has easy, free parking, just off the M8 and Erskine Bridge, free gym, great subsidised canteen, subsidised Costa carts and an open, collaborative environment and culture.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top