Sharepoint & Web Developer
Sharepoint & Web Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Corporate Services - Solutions team charter is to design, deliver and manage effective and efficient procurement solutions that simplify and streamline the procurement experience for Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees. The successful candidate for this role will provide support so the team can focus on keeping our Global Procurement systems running efficiently and effectively.
Global Procurement (GP) is one of the largest indirect and service procurement organizations in the world. Considered one of the most innovative global functions of its kind, GP looks beyond traditional procurement for ways to drive even greater value for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This includes helping the businesses generate increased revenue, driving innovation with strategic suppliers and doing the right thing for HPE's customers and employees with respect to corporate and social responsibility.
We are seeking an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of internal SharePoint in support of our internal Global Procurement customers. This role will work directly with customers to collect requirements, design, construct, test and implement solutions in a fast changing environment. A successful candidate will have strong communication and teamwork skills, and flexibility working in a global environment.
- Monitor assigned requests for ongoing sharepoint and portal maintenance, and execute requests in a timely manner
- Interface with users and lead designers to understand requirements, and propose technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Implement complex process improvements to optimize the customer experience globally.
- Use innovative technologies to create smart and efficient tools or applications.
- Collaborates and communicates with management and internal development partners regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Maintains effective collaborative communications and partnerships with key stakeholders.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Ability to work on SharePoint 2010, 2013 Workflow, SharePoint designer, and Infopath design, SharePoint page customization.
- Ability to design SharePoint Portal pages with existing style guides.
- Ability to fully follow all corporate guidelines, practices and procedures (including processes related to SharePoint change management and HPE Branding).
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Experience in developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Ability to work with ambiguous requirements, ensuring consistent understanding across users, designers and testers
- Ability to define and manage scope and client expectations, requirements change management and mitigating risks
- Ability to apply creativity to solving problems and find solutions to new challenges
- Strong customer focus
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; mastery in English required
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Ability to translate mockups into seamless web pages with perfect visual and functional elements.
- Experience in building large and modular codebases.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with Back-End Development is a plus
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in implementing sharepoint solutions.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top