Services Sales Consultant
Services Sales Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and building on existing company business within the account.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a basic understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Support account managers by responding to customer requests in specialty area.
- Offer up-selling suggestions to account managers new business opportunities within the account.
- Work with the client, particularly with procurement on contract renewals.
- Describe benefits of solutions, services, products, during selling process.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for smaller, less complex accounts, to higher-total-contract value renewals; manage sales pipeline.
Scope and Impact:
- Selling role is typically transactional, however, should begin to grow business by expanding business in with contracts.
- Typically assigned lower than average quota.
- Limited customer interface; often works with experienced salesperson on customer visits.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Formal training program completed in specialty and/or >1 year quota carrying telesales experience.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Typically 1-3 years of sales experience within this company or other relevant company in specialty sales.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Adequate knowledge of product, service, or solution to enable a sale.
- Can differentiate to some degree between own offerings and what competitors offer.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/solution knowledge to assess client's business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
- Use value-added selling skills to propose additional products, services, solutions which will contribute to customer's business.
- Work as a member of the team in providing support and giving input regarding account opportunities.
- Contract renewal and extension facilitation skills.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Product demonstration, customer training, and product installation skills.
- Solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- All deals entered into Siebel.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top