Services Consulting Sales Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
An opportunity exists for a Services Sales Account Manager to be part of the Technology Services Consulting Singapore team to work with focused service business units to drive business growth in the technology services consulting business in both existing and new market segments and accounts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and driving sales pipeline
- Builds growth opportunities using the account planning process; actively manages planning process through scheduled reviews and updates
- Seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit
- Applies consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HPE
- Responsible for achieving/managing quarterly, half yearly, annual quota and/or margin
- Enters all opportunities in pipeline tool and updates them weekly
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HPE’s products and services better
- Establish a professional, working and consultative relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry
- Continually build and reinforce client’s perception of HPE as a credible service partner
- Consultatively position HPE in early deals to influence client strategy
- Develop and champion the business justification for complex service solutions to ensure a successful engagement
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Typically 8 to 12 years in the Sales or Business Development in the IT industry
- 6 years in driving Services or Solutions business preferred
- 6 years in selling experience at end-user account or partner level
- Min 2 years of experience selling to government organizations
- Proven collaborator and effective communicator to a wide range of audiences
- Goal driven individual with structured approach to sales
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Drive project negotiation, proposal development and management, sales and opportunity building
- Develop and convert pipeline of short and longer term opportunities to meet or exceed quota
- Shape offers in pursuit of new business and portfolio enhancement
- Strong selling skills combined with effective operational sales execution including forecasting, planning, reporting and overall deal management
- Effectively sell HPE offerings by building strategic relationships with decision makers and promoting HPE programs and offerings.
- Understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to customers
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of HPE’s technology and solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies
- Apply broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
- Understanding of the HPE product roadmaps for multiple BU’s, and deep knowledge in area of specialization
- Create solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Appropriately tailor communications to varying levels of customer management
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Leverage strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HPE
- Preferably with experience selling to government organizations.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top