Service Segment Manager Solutioning Subject Matter Expert
This role has twoprimary areas of responsibility:
- It is focussed on providingdirection, guidance and support to HPE field sellers, marketing and deliveryteams across a region/territory in solutioning complex client deals forsoftware licensing and hybrid cloud services.
- It involves initiating, and in manycases leading, a number of strategic global or regional growth initiatives thatidentifies upsell and attach opportunities for incremental EG/TS services.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Primary enablementbusiness partner to senior sales managers, work with leadership team toidentify needs and
Plan enablement programs to meet thoseneeds
- Lead and develop community basedcalls to drive knowledge sharing and best practices
- Enabling sales teams with end-to-endsales tools and information essential for effective selling. This involvesextensive interaction with EG/TS offering leads, ISV’s especially Microsoft,marketing and post sales delivery
- Communicating software resale andlicensing WW business plans to HPE business and sales communities, includinggrowth initiatives, new vendor programs or services, vendor incentives/rebates,partnering or collaboration initiatives, Software licensing WW businessgovernance policy (CAP), Software licensing WW capabilities (billing, taxmanagement, vendor authorizations etc)
- Proactively engage with EG accountteams to help solution complex client deals and attach software licensing toexisting HPE business
- Hosting and actively participating inregular regional and country business reviews e.g. sales kick off meetings,quarterly reviews, business development workshops
- Managing specific critical businesscontrol programs and policies e.g. CAP (complex account program for businessgovernance)
Competencies and skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively atall levels and business functions across HPE, and similarly with clients andvendors
- Strategic and innovative thinker interms of generating and executing new ideas for business growth
- SME on tier 1 ISV resale programs andcloud models (MCP certified on Microsoft licensing models)
- Excellent problem solver (i.e.identifying route cause and permanent solutions)
- Self-starter and accountable fordelivering on business goals on time and to world class standards
- Ability to work very effectively in aglobal virtual team environment both from a leadership perspective and as aparticipant
- Problem detection and analysis ofroot cause.
- Proven ability to lead teams toachieve results, exercise independent judgment and handle unique situations toaccomplish goals in tight time frames.
- Demonstrated skills in planning andfinancial analysis.
- Good presentation skills. Ability toinfluence different functions, geographies, and the ability to build strongconsensus. Impacts internal and external clients on WW basis.
- Proven past success in similar role
Education & Experience
- 8 years’ experience in equivalentrole
- In-depth knowledge of the company’sorganization and policies, services offerings, end to end processes, tools, androutes to market.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top