Service Provider Partner Sales Representative, HPE Software
Service Provider Partner Sales Representative, HPE Software
Drives HPE Software revenue and technology adoption into the SP partner community. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external clients partnering with the SP and/or the commercial sales teams. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to colleagues inside and outside of the SP sales team.
SP Partner Relationship
- Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Leverages existing business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to SP Partner business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility with key SP Partner executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company’s relationship and credibility with SP Partner influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the SP Partner’s industry and competitive environment.
- Deeply understands SP Partner’s business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to SP Partner leaders, aggressively shapes offers in pursuit of new business and/or portfolio enhancement.
- Advocates for SP Partner needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Actively and proactively manages the partner to protect & grow company’s business; coordinates all partner plans and funnel activities.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company’s presence and share in the SP partner account over a 1-3 year time horizon.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Manages a balanced pipeline representing all of the businesses being pursued.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in company share, revenues, and margin.
- Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Proactively protects the company’s position and claims company leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Orchestrates all the company’s resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and software BU team members to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned SP Partner engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long-term business opportunities for the company.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate SP Partner needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Adept at advanced sales negotiations and positioning solution value under pricing pressures from customer IT and procurement professionals. – Proactive presentation of value solutions.
- Focuses on key business challenges and drives to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the IT executive and business manager level.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the executive level.
- Manages end-to-end sales processes in large deals.
- Adheres to SBC and company’s code of ethics.
- Deep knowledge of the vertical industry and the SP Partner’s position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of trends and lead discussions with IT on strategic directions and linking discussions.
- Strong knowledge of the company’s breadth of solutions and engages specialist resources as needed.
- Easily applies IT and/or industry solution, product, service knowledge to solving business challenges.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the SP Partner’s business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage company’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
- Typically manages 1 to many accounts.
- Typically qualifies and closes large deals of moderate to high complexity
- Works with all levels of decision- makers in the SP Partner organization.
- Participates in account investment decisions in pricing and resources.
- Leads sales engagements requiring high complexity, scheduling and coordination to meet SP Partner deadlines.
- Typically, oversees engagements with multiple BU portfolio solutions.
- Orchestrates regional pursuit resources for the account.
- Acts as an advisor to SP Partner executives on IT strategies.
Education and Experience
- Typically 7 years’ sales and account management experience
- Directly related sales experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals
- Service Provider sales experience
- Alliances and Channel experience a plus
- SaaS, Subscription and Cloud business model knowledge
- University or Bachelor’s degree
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top