Service Finance System Analyst/Developer
HewlettPackard Enterprise, WW TS Finance is seeking an experienced ETL InformaticaDeveloper/ Finance System Analyst who will work with business users and membersof the technical team on the design and development of highly scalable ETL processesand Data Warehouse utilizing tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, andInformatica for a diverse set of clients. The developer must have a strongunderstanding of the Data Warehouse architecture, design, development anddeployment of business intelligence systems.
OracleDB, Infromatica, SQL Server, Unix
- Hands on Experience inInformatica Designer 9.5.1 or Higher tools like Power Center and MetadataManager.
- Oracle experience fromthe development perspective (database and application), Oracle 11g PL/SQL, MSSQL Server.
- Ability to analyzeexisting ETL code in PL/SQL and shell script, and determine impacts andremediation.
- Ability to analyzeexisting database schema DDL/instance layout and determine impacts migrating tonew target schema/instance environment.
- Experience with ETLOperational Support and maintenance projects and run various tests such asunit, regression, integration, mappings, workflows.
- Hands on experiencewith writing/debugging PL/SQL and UNIX shell script.
- Strong understandingof BI/DW concepts.
Additionalresponsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Deliver projects/work on-time, on-budget, and in a way that accomplishes client goals
- Develop and implement technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities. Develop and ensure adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components.
- Understand and experience maintaining a multi-terabyte enterprise data warehouse with an accompanying nightly update cycle within a team of like-minded and skilled professionals.
- ETL Repository Management, maintain appropriate backups and Multi-project/Multi-concurrent release ETL environment.
- Maintain “common code” libraries, so objects can be shared and folders for all Environments (Dev, System Test and Production), Code Check-In/Check-Out procedures and assists in managing all environments and what releases of code are in each.
- Document designs and architect data maps, develop data quality components and establish and/or conduct unit tests.
- Participate in requirements, design, and development reviews. Conduct or participate in meetings with owners of key system components to fully understand current data and systems environments. Resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules.
- Analyze source system data to assess data quality. Work with technical and business representatives to determine strategies for handling data anomalies that are identified. Design ETL processes and develop source-to-target data mappings, integration workflows, and load processes. Design, develop, and implement enterprise-class data warehousing solutions.
- Use the Informatica platform to extract, transform, and load data. Develop, test, integrate, and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary. Write and maintain unit test cases.
- Provide data analysis and technical documentation for both source and target mappings.
- Knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) will be an added advantage
- Help administer and maintain the ETL environment in a support role with Systems Administrators, including performing configuration management activities related to the ETL environment.
- Identify problems, develop ideas and propose solutions within differing situations requiring analytical, evaluative or constructive thinking in daily work
- Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and management
- Apply creative thinking to identify possible reporting solution alternatives
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- Data Integration Tools: PowerCenter, PowerExchange, InformaticaCloud
- Data Quality Tools: Informatica Data Quality, Address Doctor, Identity Resolution
- Data Management Tools: Informatica MDM, Data Masking, Cloud MDM, Changed Data Capture
- Data Replication Tools: Database Archiving, Test Data Management, Fast Clone
- High level of SQL language proficiency with common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, database management systems;
- Knowledge and experience with other Informatica products a plus
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling is a plus
- 8 years of business/technology work experience
- 6 years of hands-on experience on Informatica
Skills and Abilities
- Motivated, demonstrates initiative and leadership
- Able to critically think and be solution-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work easily with client personnel
- Works well independently and within a team
- Great organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Possesses a professional demeanor
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top