Server Deployment and Build Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. The largest line of business – Enterprise Services produces better business outcomes for our clients through our comprehensive Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing Services. Our service excellence, with consistent globally delivered standardized services guarantees clients peace of mind, while our ability to drive innovation ensures clients a compelling strategy for the future.
The Server Deployment Engineer is responsible for producing Server Delivery engineering deliverables, completing TorQUE forms, validating the use of HPE standards, ensuring peer reviews are completed and peer review records are closed, as well as marking TorQUE engineering queues closed. S/he provides proactive recommendations on process improvement and contacts with all parties in order to gather and validate the requirements and provided technical specification. In addition to that the Server Deployment Engineer can be involved in the execution of Server Build Related activities in some cases where team specific circumstances require it.
Job specifics/primary responsibilities:
- Complete and document all forms in the TorQUE requests
- Validate the use of HPE standards
- Follow the standard HPE processes
- Execute Peer reviews
- Review, document and validate server specifications, operating system specification, infrastructure software specifications, high availability requirements, security services requirements, storage and drivers requirements, network services requirements, host details specifications.
- Fill in the TorQUE requests throughout the QMS Process
- Enter TorQUE issues for project escalations as appropriate
- Executes Server Build implementation activities for our global clients based on requests received through all applicable channels (workflow tools, e-mail, phone).
- Adheres to the already established Server Build Implementation processes and guidelines.
- Escalates requests based on customers demand or on own judgment and inform stakeholders appropriately about the status of any issues that might be considered as a blocking point.
- Provides recommendations for improvement of the HPE infrastructure and address critical issues and root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or other Engineering, or equivalent
- Fluent in English language
- Experience/Knowledge in Linux/Unix
- Understanding of: Server specifications, Operating Systems, Infrastructure Software, High Availability, Security Services, Storage and Drivers, Users and Groups, Network Services, (Network) Host Details
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer centric focus
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with members of team and members of other teams
- Ability to pro-actively learn new technology, processes and other skills
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests in a high pressure environment
- Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an international and culturally diverse organization
- Continuous learning and technical training opportunities
- Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field
- Part in a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support throughout EMEA
- Competitive remuneration package
- Medical insurance
- 4 days additional paid leave (total:24 days)
- Food vouchers
- Opportunity to use free HPE parking
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services
- Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultations
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HPE may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top