Server Delivery Coordinator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
The Server Delivery Consultant Coordinates Server Builds and Server Decommissions through a pre-defined and standard process. Troubleshoots issues that arise during the building and decommission of servers working with various infrastructure teams like Data Center, Network, SAN, Backup, Monitoring, Operations, etc. Responsible for a pre-defined SLA for each Server build and Decommission. Responsible for producing a certain number of Server Builds and Server Decommission per month through the pre-defined Server build and decommission process. This is an intermediate technical coordinator role. Must have hands on experience working with ITIL technologies like Service Now, SM9, etc. Responsible for the opening, and coordination of appropriate change tickets where required in the pre-defined Server build and decommission process.
- Work with Requestors and Account teams to ensure timely completion of Server Builds and Server Decommissions through a pre-defined process and tool.
- Working Knowledge of what it takes to build and decommission a server through appropriate infrastructure teams
- Hands-on system administration not required, but experience in this area definitely helps
- May occasionally work directly with external HPE customers as required, but mainly focused on working internally across infrastructure teams and requestors in HPE Services
- Provides feedback on process improvement opportunities
- Must be comfortable escalating to multiple levels of management to ensure timely completion of the server build/decommission
- Must be comfortable providing overview of the Server Build and Decommission Service to external customers/clients.
- Must be willing to work occasionally outside of normal business hours, and occasionally on a weekend. This however is not normal practice.
Education and Experience
Bachelors of Science/Arts in Technology field such as Computer Science or Management Information Systems
2-5 years of experience working in Server Infrastructure. 5 years or less in the IT Industry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of IT Infrastructure – Demonstrates an Understanding of Data Center, Server Hardware, Network, SAN, Backup, Monitoring, etc.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Server Administration in Multiple Unix and Windows technologies
- Working knowledge of ITSM and familiar with creating and working with change tickets across multiple systems like Service Now and SM9
- Demonstrates basic key operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Comfortable coordinating multiple server builds and decommissions simultaneously across multiple restricted accounts
- Comfortable managing server builds and decommissions to a pre-defined SLA and escalating as appropriate to ensure the SLA is met
- Must be comfortable working with other coordinators to receive mentoring
- Must be comfortable with a technical screen interview.
- ITIL V3 Strongly preferred.
- CompTIA Server preferred
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top