Senior Windows System Administrator (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting the United States Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) global mission––to deter, detect, and be prepared to defend against strategic attacks against the United States and our Allies––which depends on reliable, secure IT systems. The USSTRATCOM IT Capabilities Contract (ITCC) contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving USSTRATCOM set of missions. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator, is an expert authority on relevant Systems Administration subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Updates projects on an on-going basis to reflect current status of activities and tasks. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to assigned responsibilities. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades OSs and applications for Windows environments. Knowledge of Unix and Linux is a bonus.
- Manages file systems and configuration. Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
- Understands/adheres to and implements overall security policies.
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding core infrastructure, including backup and restore procedures, load and performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware provisioning, hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Assists with software release and monthly system maintenance.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Assists in warehouse and disposition of assets.
- Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
- Work with outside contractors, vendors, and support desks as needed for hardware and software support.
- Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
- Monitors and audit system logs for system and network anomalies.
- Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security. Documents and reports event(s).
- Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for servers, storage, firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
- Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
- Assists in providing oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 8 – 12 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in Windows Systems Administration
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Possess security certification (Security , etc.)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI– or – must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance by the end of the three month phase-in period of the contract**
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Strong background and experience working with relevant operating systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Using and maintaining Windows Server Update Services
- Using and maintaining System Center Operations Manager
- Updating and maintaining SharePoint 2007 or later environments
- Updating and maintaining Exchange 2010
- Database management of Structured Query Language 2005 or later
- PowerShell scripting
- VMware vSphere 5.0 or later
- Experience in data backup and recovery.
- Experience with system applications monitoring and reporting to include performance and planning.
- Understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Possess an industry certification in systems administration (Microsoft, Linux, etc.)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top