Senior Technical Consultant (Java)
Senior Technical Consultant (Java)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
You will be responsible for solutioning Communication & Media Solutions (CMS) based architecture within customer projects for the Enterprise Group (EG) within Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Your role will apply over the entire project life cycle from presales to consulting services delivery. You will establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the client by developing a core understanding of the client's unique business needs and competitive challenges. Tailor strategy and architect solutions to meet the needs of the client, and interface with both internal and external/ industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solution development.
You will support the sales activities and support proactively the project manager in providing accurate sizing and estimation of tasks, assessment of technology risks, and recommendations for the implementation.
In project delivery, under the authority of the customer project manager you will be responsible for the solution architecture over all delivery phases from need analysis, detailed design, and implementation to final testing and customer acceptanceOther key tasks
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project), ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project
- Coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc.
- Communicates with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrates the professionalism of the job family.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related area of study
- Solid work experience in similar position
- Fluent in English, preferably fluent in German
- Previous Experience as Java Developer mandatory (Java8, Git, Maven, Junit Testing, Eclipse)
- Experience on Enterprise OSs (UNIX systems - Linux, HP-UX)
- Broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to independently complete solution implementation
- Ability to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top