Senior Tax Analyst, Property & Sales Tax
Senior Tax Analyst, Property & Sales Tax
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Tax organization, with its largest presence in Plano, TX, has a position available in the HPE Tax Accounting Group, within the Property & Sales Tax division. This role will be part of a high-performing team which leads all aspects of HPE's worldwide consolidated tax provision and is critical to the analysis and reporting of our best-in-class tax structure and effective tax rate.
Directs and sets the organization´s tax policy. Organizes and directs the tax research and tax compliance activities. Prepares and reviews tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax statues and regulations by properly interpreting tax laws and regulations. Minimizes tax liability to the company. Manages audits of tax returns by tax authorities. Determines financial accounting treatment for income taxes.
U.S. Sales Tax and Property Tax Compliance Operations Responsibilities:
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Technical Expertise in both Sales Tax and Property Tax Compliance.
- Technical Lead for sales tax and property tax return processes, payments, recon, and all other compliance requirements for both taxes
- Contributes to priority projects in both the tax compliance and accounting areas.
- Analyzes systems for accuracy of compliance and reporting.
- Performs tax research and tax with priority compliance projects.
- Prepares and reconciles taxes and makes adjustments to the general ledger accounting system.
- Participates in tax audits by gathering requested documents and reports.
- Performs statutory audit document analysis
- Prepares and files various complex business tax returns.
- Work in 'Technical Lead' role as member of tax team.
- Prepares and files monthly, quarterly, and year-end income and/or transaction tax returns, including gathering, analyzing, and compiling income tax data.
- Drives complex tax planning activities and research including estimated tax forecasts and other projects that involve a high degree of complexity, under review.
- Works on priority projects in both the tax compliance and accounting areas.
- Drives research and documents company-wide tax systems.
- Analyzes information and assists with planning opportunities to minimize tax liabilities.
- Responds to notices from various tax authorities, under supervision.
Education and Experience Required:
First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
6+ years of related experience in accounting or tax.
4-6 years of experience with Property Tax & Sales Tax within a large, complex organization.
CPA license a plus but not required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of professional accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Advanced skills/experience with Access and Excel required. (Macros, pivot tables, handling big data)
- Advanced knowledge of the income tax laws as they relate to corporations.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills; ability to lead and mentor.
- Strong sense of urgency, working within a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure dealing with strict deadlines.
- Ability work across borders with our office in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of tax and accounting software desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of sales tax and property tax return reporting process
- Strong Technical Leadership
- US GAAP and SOX exposure
- 6 Sigma training a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Experience with IT systems a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top