Senior Storage and Virtualization Engineer (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- • Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- • Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- • Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- • Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- • Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
- We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting the United States Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) global mission––to deter, detect, and be prepared to defend against strategic attacks against the United States and our Allies––which depends on reliable, secure IT systems. The USSTRATCOM IT Capabilities Contract (ITCC) contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving USSTRATCOM set of missions. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Senior Storage and Backup Engineer must have experience in installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and / or NT based platforms. Administration experience must include account maintenance, enterprise backup / recovery strategies, system configuration file maintenance, and support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
- Encompasses multiple disciplines, including technology architects, solution architects, and enterprise architects
- Architects, implements, documents and maintains the IT storage infrastructure.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools plus understands how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver IT infrastructure and security requirements.
- Provide system administration support to the program’s Enterprise Storage Solution (ESS) production, test, and development environments,
- Performs backup and recovery activities and testing, as needed.
- Manages file systems and configuration.
- Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related Engineering field, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, a minimum of 8 – 12 years relevant industry experience
- Background in Administering Storage and Backup Systems
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Possess security certification (Security , etc.)
- ITIL or Equivalent certification preferred
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Strong background and experience working with relevant operating systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise administration with knowledge of RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 releases.
- General administration of VMware, virtual servers, and virtual technologies including the concepts of HA (high-availability) and vStorage.
- Experience in SAN management.
- Experience in data backup and recovery.
- Experience with system applications monitoring and reporting to include performance and planning.
- Understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Certification in various operating systems/technologies (Microsoft, Oracle, Linux, Virtual Environments
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top