Senior Statutory Accountant with French
Senior Statutory Accountant with French
HPE Global Business Center is one of the largest business services centers in Lower Silesia.
Our Center in Wroclaw specializes in advanced services, which main goal is to deliver support in various areas, such as finance and accounting, HR, sales and marketing, data processing and supply chain management for Hewlett Packard Enterprise and our clients.
Center of Excellence (CoE) is one of three businesses in Wroclaw Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Business Center. COE provides internally various financial services related to P&L, BSR, contract support, audit, etc. The career in Finance gives a variety of development opportunities and additional benefits such as participation in ACCA and CIMA programs.
As Senior Statutory Accountant, you will be a key member of EMEA Statutory Team, preparing set of financial statements in closely collaboration with country lead and strong engagement with tax teams, including collaboration in HP quarterly tax forecasting exercise.
Your range of responsibilities will include complex financial analysis for the statutory accounts area such as:
- Prepare annual set of financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with the local French GAAP, including balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow statement and notes
- Conduct on-going statutory accounting reviews and booking of adjustments and reclassifications needed to comply with local accounting and tax laws
- Support and coordinate the audit process for financial statements: liaise with auditors to finalize list of deliverables and documentation needed for audit, coordination of documentation support and providing necessary explanations
- Monitor standard activities to ensure potential balance sheet risk areas are being managed – attend & contribute to quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Deal with adhoc accounting queries on the entity in scope as when they arise
- Ensure centers of excellence are accounting for transactions correctly – assisting in fixing problems when this does not happen smoothly
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly statutory balance sheet reviews and quarterly fiscal profit and loss analytical review, including reconciliation of management vs. statutory accounting,
- Prepares OPEX (operating expenses) legal variance and analysis as per local chart of account required disclosure – Statutory results YoY and quarterly variances. Ensure consistency among legal entities for variance analysis
- Monthly preparation of transfer pricing margins under guidelines defined by HP Transfer Pricing team. Presentation of margin position to country expert and AC manager for review.
- Prepares LO quarterly Intercompany charges for services delivery entities to beneficiary entities
- Maintains summary and analysis of Intercompany charges received and sent to country entities for tax, transfer pricing and statutory analysis. Work closely with country team and IC team to identify and track variances
- Taxation: Quarterly calculation and preparation of foreign tax provision – current tax and deferred tax forecast
- Taxation : Prepare required information in consultation with tax department and the country accounting team to complete tax returns on a monthly and yearly basis
- Taxation: Prepare required information and assist in the monthly tax compliance procedures
- Ability to work on and solve complex accounting and audit issues
- Strong ability to define opportunities for statutory process improvement and efficiency is desired as well.
Education and Experience
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics, advanced degree or accounting certification (ex. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA or equivalent)
- Preferable 9+ years of experience, including external auditor in one of the big four audit firm, chief accountant positions or senior financial analyst position
- Fluent in English and French
Knowledge and Skills required
- Excellent understanding of Accounting principles and financial analysis
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business applications skills - Microsoft excel, Power Point, SAP or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and superior teamwork skills and ability to influence multiple organizations: business centers, country controllership, tax, treasury organization
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top