Senior Solution Architect Telecommunication (f/m)
Senior Solution Architect Telecommunication (f/m)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE CMS (Communications & Media Solutions) is the worldwide HPE entity dedicated to the Telecom & Media industry.
CMS business is a strategic declaration by HPE of the importance of industry specific, services and software rich solutions. The organization is built around our capabilities in four solution domains – Application and Cloud Enablement, Actionable Customer Intelligence - BSS, Operations Support Systems, Media & Entertainment. This is a fully aligned functional organization with a solutions business model, built on a mix of consulting & integration services combined with software IP.
The CMS Solution Architect delivers business value to customers through architecting effective information systems solutions that address customers' business challenges and opportunities, consistent with CMS strategic and business goals.
Key responsibility during the pursuit phase and within the scope defined for the engagement is to develop the overall solution architecture, define and develop the proposal scope to solve meet customer needs and requirements, fully maximizing portfolio usage. The CMS SA works closely with Sales, Delivery, Product and Support teams to evaluate customer requirements, design technical solutions, prepare statements of work and deploy cost-effective solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect (f/m) to drive the growth of our CMS Business and who:
- Understands customer requirements and win themes
- Develops overall solution architecture and design to solve customer problem and meet customer requirements
- Maximizes usage of CMS portfolio
- Maximizes competitiveness of the offer vs competition for the bid
- Drives the technical proposal work during pursuit phase
- Determines required software, hardware and services
- Develops SoW for 3rd parties when required
- Delivers quality proposal documents in the agreed timeframe
- Develops Implementation Plan and provides effort estimations
- Drives discussions with portfolio teams and R&D where customization is required
- Identifies IP capture opportunities
- When deal is secured, ensures effective handover to Delivery Team
- Maintains close relationships with portfolio teams, and awareness on roadmaps
- Grows skills around CMS solutions and related technologies
- Provides technical sales support
- Design, develop and execute demonstrations and Proofs of Concept
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience – about 10 years
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven track record of defining and developing Telco solutions
- Experience in working with customers in both presales and delivery
- Excellent customer facing skills, integrity and confidence with good presentation skills; ability to gain trust of clients and act in a mutually beneficial manner
- Ability to negotiate both technically and commercially
- Demonstrates ownership and assumes responsibility to drive resolution of issues
- Broad understanding of evolving standards and technologies
- Excellent teaming skills: communication, coordination, responsibility, attention to detail, adaptability, initiative, positive influence
- Ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various lifecycle phases
- Passionate about IoT Innovation and drive Business Development initiatives towards customer in various industries (preferably Automotive, Utilities, Manufacturing)
- Fast adoption of new technologies with the ability expose architectural definitions and reviews, design/deliverable reviews, POCs and Demos
- Knowledge of M2M/IoT underlying technologies, such as wireless systems, networks, sensors and protocols
Knowledge of Telecommunications networks in the following areas:
- Convergence of fixed and mobile core and service network elements and applications
- Examples of related network elements: CSCF, SCP, MRF, IN-Applications, Charging, Policy, Subscriber management (UDR, HLR, HSS, AAA), Mediation
- Telco analytics for network oriented use cases
- Virtualization of network elements (NFV, SDN)
- Willingness to win, politically savvy, with holistic view
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English and German language communications skills
Part time work or job-sharing is also applicable to this position.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the most attractive employers in the world. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top