Senior Solution Architect (OSS Domain)
Senior Solution Architect (OSS Domain)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise we create new possibilities for technology and services, offering solutions, which help businesses and individual clients in achieving their goals, making the most of its potential, fulfilling aspirations and dreams. We serve our clients in over 170 countries.
The HPE Communications and Media Solutions (CMS) organization delivers world class Software solutions to the world's largest Communication Service Providers (CSPs). You will work as part of delivery teams to deliver such solutions to end customers in the UK and Northern Europe.
Our OSS Software solutions are deployed in CSP environments to deliver advanced functionality in Fulfilment, Assurance and Orchestration. The services our solutions deliver and manage are often using Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). CMS Software solutions are market leading in making NFV easily accessible, allowing our CSP clients to create and manage new end-user services based on NFV technology quickly and effectively.
A key solution set for the selected individual will be focused on our Orchestration and Fulfilment products and closed loop assurance. The preferred location for the successful candidate is the North (Manchester area) of the UK to support a range of client projects in this part of the territory.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Architect custom solutions at all levels, program, project or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions.
- Customize reusable solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level.
- Oversee the implementation and governance of solution architectures.
- Contribute to the Architect profession worldwide and across company businesses.
- Develop for client technically feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects
- Collaborate with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Executive Staff/Core I/O Only (CIO) levels for medium to large opportunities (R) Lead large projects within a business unit and contributes to cross business unit projects. Contribute to industry wide external events and multivendor projects.
- Have tactical influence.
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- A strong Knowledge of OSS in CSP's, Fulfilment, Orchestration and Assurance
- A preferred knowledge of NFV and the associated OSS components (e.g. MANO).
- A knowledge of OSS tools ideally aligned to the TMF (eTOM, TAM).
- Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Familiar with architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management, (ITSM)…)
- Applies appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues.
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Able to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations.
- Able to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Deep IT industry knowledge in specific areas.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability
- Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization). Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities
- Position company offering against the competition
- Be able to provide company with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Reviews for medium to large opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to company knowledge systems.
- Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects
- Participates in defining company unit's processes, standards, and policies
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and Core I/O Only (CIO), Configure to Order (w/0D1) (CTO) level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top