Senior Software Engineer-Data Security
Senior Software Engineer- Data Security
HPE Data Security is looking for a specialist with IBM z/OS experience and a passion for excellence in designing and developing mission-critical enterprise applications. Join a creative team solving complex problems and providing solutions that the world’s largest companies depend on to keep their sensitive information secure.
Helps analyze, design, program, debug, and enhance HPE SecureData z/Protect, an enterprise-class z/OS data protection system. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Provides development-level customer support and diagnosis. Aids in continuous integration testing, including writing tests as needed. Performs minor systems programming tasks on z/OS system. Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Become a key member of the HPE Data Security Software Engineering team, providing expert practical knowledge in developing applications for IBM z/OS.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience.
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Proven skills designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Understanding of processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and executing test plans and testing/debugging scripts/tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals.
- Team player who is self-motivated and proactive.
- Passionate and assertive about product quality.
- Expert knowledge of building z/OS systems software in assembler, C, and C .
- In-depth knowledge of mainframe technologies such as JCL, CICS, XMS.
- Practical experience providing services for multiple programming languages on z/OS using z/OS Language Environment (LE).
Additional experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Working knowledge of Java, COBOL, and PL/I.
- Developing in Linux and Windows environments.
- Delivering products that have included technologies such as Web services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Web application servers.
- Using encryption APIs like IBM System SSL, OpenSSL.
- Understanding Web security concepts like SSL and Kerberos.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top