Senior Software Engineer
We are the online business team of HP Software. We are responsible for building the next generation of HP Software’s online presence, which includes corporate marketing portal, ecommerce portal, user account portal and community content portal. We are employing cutting edge software technologies to build responsive and scalable online applications that provide great user experiences to our customers and facilitate best product values to our business. This senior software engineer:
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid in computer engineering basics
- Data structure manipulation.
- Understanding of algorithms, complexity and code performance optimization
- * Solid in PHP
- Understanding of PHP language basics, especially, the OOP features.
- Proficient in Symfony framework.
- Proficient in Doctrine ORM.
- Solid in mysql database
- Proficiency with relational sql theory.
- Understanding of database schema design, normalization and denormalization.
- Proficient with sql queries and their optimizations.
- Solid in building web applications
- Understanding of web application basics.
- Understanding of user authentication and use session management. Understanding of SSO (Single Sign On).
- Familiar with JSON/RESTFUL APIs.
- Understanding of web-tier caching.
- Familiar with Jenkins.
- Familiar with Docker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top