Senior Software Designer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The HPE Real User Monitor (RUM) C developer is responsible for
- Research, design, coding, debug and testing of new or existing product features and system performance.
- Uses Visual C /GNU C toolkits and popular libraries (boost, OpnenSSL, Xereces etc.)
- Writes code, completes programming, develops enhancements, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Completes documentation, resolves issues and procedures for installation, configuration and maintenance
- Interacts with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Well versed in communicating with customers and partners
- Review and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Analyze the root cause of complicated and high scale IT environments problems, research, debug and drive to a resolution while supplying the best solution
- Develop ER’s, new features and defects to support the product roadmap and its customer base. Maintain quality and timeliness in deliverables
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into the project and activities in the software applications design organization
- Self-driven and demonstrates excellent ownership
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members, Interview
- Leads on a daily basis the coordination with support engineers, escalation managers, partners, customers, product manager and R&D manager over technical issues related to the product
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- 5 to 15 years of experience in C software development
- Strong in C fundamentals, Expertise in advanced C concepts such as system API, Templates and STL
- Familiarity with Boost libraries
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP etc.
- Hands on exposure with Wireshark and packet analysis
- Experienced in Linux/ Windows development environment
- Work experience in SSL handshake and troubleshooting is an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands on expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Exposure to Performance management/improvements, Memory management etc.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform – exposure to overall architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, customers and support engineers for design and problem solving proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Knowledge in Network protocols – Advantage
- Familiarity with Packet Sniffers – Advantage
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent (preferred) or BSc/BCA degree
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 10years related experience.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Core Technical Leadership
Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and in ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights
Project Leadership & Troubleshooting
Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas
Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top