Senior Software Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Architect with very good technical knowledge and hands on in latest technologies for the APM group. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams to lead multiple agendas, be responsible for all stages of design and development for products and platforms.
- Lead multiple agendas, responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding along with performance and scalability and integration with other HP products.
- Design and integrate software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Understand the high level requirements from the product manager and transform it to themes and features requirements for the development team.
- Write spec requirements docs to describe the requirement, architecture, ,APIs, etc.
- Review and ensure the developers breakdown of features into User stories is sufficient and cover all points.
- Lead and drive feature and functional discussions with customers, product manager and R&D team.
- Lead and manage the product CPE (Support) processes , follow the KPI’s, communication with customers/partners/support engineers/escalation managers, help to prioritize & coordinate the tickets dispatching
- Be involved in the day to day architecture discussions, guiding junior engineers, mentoring less experienced members of the team and provide solutions for variety of problems for HP products.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 8 years minimum of related experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages. Core Java is a must. Exposure to technologies like Swing, Spring, AngularJS, HTML5, WebServices, JAXB, Tomcat, development experience in Android and iOS is a definite plus.
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages – java, Unix/Linux, Win API, monitoring, system performance and application performance tuning.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent debugging skills on Windows, Linux, Solaris environments and hands-on experience in using tools like WireShark, SoapUI, YourKit,
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Experience with HP Software product – Advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, customers and support engineers for design and problem solving proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 12 years related experience
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Core Technical Leadership
Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and in ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights
Project Leadership & Troubleshooting
Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas
Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top