Senior Security Systems Engineer
Information security is an integral part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s (HPE) corporate culture and is one of the fastest growing service capabilities that we offer to our clients globally and in region.
The Security System Engineer position report to the Security Operations Manager. This role is accountable for the configuration, tuning and operation of end point security management systems in place to proactively prevent and detect cyber security related attacks across the server fleet under management for a Federal Government client. This role requires you to be an Australian Citizen eligible for security clearance.
The core responsibilities of role include:
- Undertake end point security system administration functions on a full time basis, assigned to an enterprise, Australian Government client.
- Proactively configure, tune and operate the various system modules implemented to mitigate active and potential threats. This includes Host-based application whitelisting, Host-based configuration monitoring through characterization, Host-based intrusion detection monitoring and intrusion prevention management.
- Ensure the health, logging, backup and availability of the service on all in-scope servers and management platforms.
- Work within a set of guidelines to identify critical event data for additional analysis and escalation as appropriate.
- Collaborate with client, HP technical teams and other provider staff as required to tune server protection policies that mitigate security threats while providing appropriate functionality and availability to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements pertaining to system change, security system availability and security events/incidents are met.
It is desirable for the candidate to have the following:
- 5 years of IT security services experience , including 3 in System Administration
- Strong interest in security/system administration and an understanding of end point security approaches and technology
- Experience with Symantec, McAfee or equivalent end point security and whitelisting tools
- Experience in delivering relevant IT services, preferably in an outsourced environment and preferably to Government;
- General understanding of server technologies including Windows and various Linux and Unix variants (relevant certifications desirable, although not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements and design solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Understanding of Australian Government protective security policies with a focus on ICT security
- Familiarity in enterprise technology environments including change and incident management processes (exposure to ITIL desirable)
- Security/Technology related certification(s) a strong advantage.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top