Senior Revenue Recognition Consultant
The main purpose of the role is to advise on revenue recognition under US GAAP for our Networking business. The role involves responsibility for resolving deal accounting issues pre and post signature. As such the individual is expected to the subject matter expert providing clear and final guidance for teams to follow.
Specifically you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Providing dedicated support for the Networking organization, particularly as it relates to complex deals, new go-to-market models, and emerging issues on topics like contra and VSOE design/oversight,
- Advising deal teams, pre-signature, on revenue treatments to optimize revenue recognition, whilst ensuring compliance with HPE policy,
- Reviewing and approving Revenue Recognition Checklists, which document the accounting disposition of HPE,
- In depth knowledge of the systems and processes (Order Management, Order coding,Transit time delays),
- Providing ongoing support and training to finance teams to enable them to be self sufficient with their policy and process understanding,
- Influencing and communicating to the wider community HPE policy updates on a quarterly basis,
- Supporting ad hoc initiatives, such as some of the projects within our WW policy space.
These activities will involve leading and facilitating meetings (in a virtual environment), proactively identifying and solving problems, and giving mature and clear guidance to enable contract negotiation activity and month end close activities. This will include providing revenue recognition expertise in the above areas, facilitating audit activity, consulting on processes, and ensuring compliance with HPE financial policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top