Senior Revenue Recognition Analyst
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The main purpose of the role is to advise on the accounting under US GAAP for revenue, related to our EG businesses. The role involves responsibility for resolving deal accounting issues pre and post signature. As such the individual is expected to the subject matter expert providing clear and final guidance for teams to follow.
Specifically you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Advise deal teams, pre-signature, on revenue treatments to optimize revenue recognition, whilst ensuring compliance with HPE policy
- Reviewing and approving Revenue Recognition Checklists, which document the accounting disposition on HPE
- In depth knowledge of the systems and processes related to the hardware group (Order Management, Order coding, Transit time delays, Solution Partners Organization (channel contracts).
- Provide ongoing support and training to finance teams to enable them to be self sufficient with their policy and process understanding
- Influence and communicate to the wider community HPE policy updates on a quarterly basis.
- Supporting ad hoc initiatives, such as some of the projects within our WW policy space.
These activities will involve leading and facilitating meetings (in a virtual environment) across multiple organizations, proactively identifying and solving problems, and giving mature and clear guidance to enable contract negotiation activity and month end close activities. This will include providing revenue recognition expertise in the above areas, facilitating audit activity, consulting on processes, and ensuring compliance with HPE financial policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top