Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer's terms.
Leads customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing customer projects. Manages corporate, customer and third party vendor efforts to plan, sell and implement solutions to customer problems. Responsible for business as well as team management.
- Manages customer project delivery.
- Revenue as detailed in Impact section.
- Very large/ complex/ multiple regions or global.
- High/ very high risk.
- High/very high complexity legal and commercial issues.
- Manages project financials including P&L.
- Meets or exceeds SOAR approved budgets.
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to the management.
- Manages business development Identifies and develops new opportunities with client Supports early qualification and opportunity assessment for large and complex opportunities Acts as opportunity manager for high risk deals.
- Manages client relationships.
- Manages complex multi-function and/ or global delivery relationships with senior and executive ("C" level) client management.
- Communicates the direct value our capabilities will provide to our business partners and customers.
- Manages project team.
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size greater than 40 people.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members through others.
- Provides detail performance review input and development recommendations for key contributors.
- Mentors others, providing a role model and support for individual development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years experience in project management or in like roles/businesses.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of key operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Recognized as a leader in the company's PM Professions community.
- PMP Certified.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top