Senior OpenStack System Integrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services (TS) to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
HPE TS Consulting Cloud Practice is one of the fastest growing practice within HPE, building and delivering a portfolio of innovative OpenStack Cloud and Cloud Foundry solutions.
We are looking for Helion Platform as a Service and Cloud Native Application Platform Consultant to deliver & support private & hybrid cloud solutions for our enterprise customers. The specialist helps our enterprise customers to strategize and adopts the transformation their current application development platform into the cloud native application development platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Helion PaaS and Cloud Native Application Platform Consultant, your role will be to engage our enterprise customers to understand their business challenges and requirements and help our customer’s design & implement their private & hybrid cloud solutions.
- Work with our sales and presales teams and engage our enterprise customers to understand their business challenges and requirements
- Working with senior customer representatives (up to, and including, C-level executives) to advise and guide on the overall solution
- Designing and leading workshops focusing on the transformation of the customer’s technology and covering the whole cloud program
- Providing input to the sales process and producing Statements of Work
- Producing Strategy and Roadmap documentation, including Business Cases and ROI analysis
- Discovering and understanding the customer’s business problems
- Work with our architectural & engineering teams and the OpenStack and Cloud Foundry community to deliver innovative solutions that meet our customer’s needs.
- Be able to individually implement smaller tactical projects or Proof of Concepts (POC)
- On large scale projects be able to lead a team of development and implementation resources under the local project management team
- Identifying opportunities for additional HPE engagements with leading local professional members to generate incremental business for the entire HPE.
- Delivering HPE’s Helion PaaS and Cloud Native Application Platform solutions into customer environments and ensuring solutions works as specified
- Maintaining knowledge of wider cloud technologies and concepts, including but not limited to OpenStack
- Manages stakeholder relationships in the country, across HPE business units, especially TS and ES. Manages complex multifunction relationships with senior and executive stakeholder management
- Manages project financials including business impact within the team with reliable forecast accuracy
- Be an active contributor to the OpenStack and Cloud Foundry community
- Travelling to, and working from, customer sites alongside the OpenStack Cloud Consulting Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Min of 8 years of relevant experience
- Development experience on a Linux platform with the following development environments;
- Programing Languages : Java, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Environments & Frameworks – Docker, Cloud Foundry, Spring, Rails, Elastic beanstalk (AWS), Microsoft.net, OpenShift etc, WebSphere, Apache httpd, LAMP
- Database – IBM DB2, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis
- Application life cycle and monitoring – backup, recovery, monitoring (i.e. new relic)
- Development environments – DEV, TEST, STAGE, PROD, repositories, code review tools
- Application architecture – 12-factor application design
- OpenStack experience must include designing and implementing the platforms, technologies and products that provide a PaaS / SaaS solution. For example, Puppet, Chef or Juju. You need strong experience deploying production applications using these, or similar products, in projects
- Experience in the following products and technologies would be an advantage
- Amazon, Azure, and alternate cloud products and technologies.
- Migration from cloud technologies to OpenStack.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top