Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and data center solutions. HPE's innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
HPE Aruba is looking for self-motivated, results oriented individual to join us as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will be part of a team, in one of the fastest growing networking vendors, designing and developing state-of-the-art networking switches.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will enjoy being part of a global community of top engineers, who are at the heart of the company's innovative technology in infrastructure products. You will have the opportunity to work on analyzing, designing, modifying, and evaluating mechanical sub-systems, assemblies, thermal management of high complexity Ethernet switch systems. You will also take part in conducting feasibility, design margin and validation analysis, and empirical testing on new and modified designs.
- Design portions of mechanical engineering solutions for Ethernet switch systems based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements
- Implement established test plans to verify requirements compliance and/or resolve product integration issues
- Participate as a member of a project team with other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high quality solutions for complex products
- Prepare reports and write technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, physics
- 6 to 8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge about the development of electronic enclosure packaging requirements
- Experience with and/or knowledge of design tools and software packages such as ProE, Flotherm simulation tools
- Knowledge of the thermal and electromagnetic properties of materials and managing emissions
- Strong interest in thermal management and structural analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology
- Eager, quick learner with strong team-work spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top