Senior Manager Project Manager
Senior Manager Project Manager
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce."
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company's regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Join HPE's Financial Solutions Architecture team as a senior manager. In this role you will manage a team of Americas based HPE Finance and consultant Project Managers. Focus will be on driving efficient and comprehensive project solution implementations with metrics based execution. In addition, you will be part of the management team accountable for resource positioning and development of ongoing improvements in our project management tools and processes, increasing the team's competency in this space. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is an exceptional collaborator that can readily alternate between vision and execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cultivate a superior team of project management professionals and increase the overall competency of program
- management within our function
- Create and deliver PM training & process improvements that meet business requirements and eliminate
- inefficiencies on behalf of the Finance function
- Serve as horizontal focal to Finance PMT related to project manager resource planning and oversight
- Manage the quality of deliverables of direct staff and contractor resources across multiple projects / tasks
- Ensure all corporate and organizational IT and Business policies are adhered to
- Set-up and lead proper checkpoints and management reviews
- Induct and coach new members of the team as necessary
E ducation and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Technology
- PMP certification is preferred
- Lean sigma Greenbelt; blackbelt preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 7 years related experience in project management
- HP financial systems and process experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of HP Financial Systems and Processes preferred
- Flexibility to engage across regional time zones
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Virtual/Global project team experience related to financial systems design
- Initiative and independence, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to interface comfortably, communicate clearly and concisely, and motivate individuals or groups within all levels of
- the organization
- Previous experience in SAP ERP application migrations and/or deployments
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative without a lot of direction in times of ambiguity
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills in a global environment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and
- excellent organizational skills; comfortable communicating with senior management
- Leadership qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitive,
- goal oriented, and motivator
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally
- Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top