Senior Manager Finance Master Data
Senior Manager Finance Master Data
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce."
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company's regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Leads design and implementation of the company's Future State Data Model for Finance, Master Data Source of Record and Data Governance. Experience and knowledge on SAP S4-HANA and SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) is a requirement for this position.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors and/or Manager 1s for a system design or re-design by monitoring and/or setting performance goals and objectives, staffing project teams, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of various finance systems and processes.
- Manages Operations' Organization for Finance Master Data's Source of Record, General Ledger and Transactional Business Systems.
- Provides direction and ensures global alignment with counterparts on a global scale, primarily with other Data Domains / Custodians to establish and operationalize Company's Data Governance.
- Recruits, plans succession, and manages talent, for at least ten people.
- Works with regional management to drive change in systems and processes.
- Engages on a deep level with senior management, typically reporting to contacts at a regional level and addressing their urgent requests.
- Liaises between team members and management and assists team members in presenting their ideas to management.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree required in accounting, finance, or computer science; advanced university degree preferred.
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (e.g. CPA, MBA).
- Typically 10+ years of related experience in internal audit or finance.
- Typically 5+ years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior understanding of Data Modeling, Master Data Management and Financial Reporting.
- Superior understanding of financial systems and processes in several process areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders and upper level management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Superior understanding of accounting principals.
- Expert project management skills for running large and complex projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to generate original ideas and bring about their implementation.
- Ability to influence change and manage upward; good motivational skills.
- Ability to identify key resources and star performers.
- In-depth understanding of business priorities.
- Ability to determine impact of process implementations to the larger business.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top