Senior Java Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Java engineer with good technical knowledge and passion for technologies. You will be part of cross-functional team and will meet/understand the product/customer requirements. In the HP SW APM team you will develop and provide quality code as a part of each release. On a daily basis you will analyze, design, program and debug software products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users.
- Analyze the root cause of a complicated and high scale IT environment problems.
- Research, debug and drive to the most appropriate implementation.
- Follow HP software code standards and procedures.
- Implement new features and fixing defects to support the product roadmap and its customer base.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years’ experience for expert , minimum 4 years for INT
- Familiar with J2EE (Servlet, Struts, HTML) – Advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Core Java is a must: OOPs Concepts & Patterns, Algorithms, Multithreading, Data structures
- Familiar with – J2EE (Servlet, Struts, HTML) – Advantage.
- Network knowledge and experience in Protocols such as :IP, HTTP, TCP, FTP,UDP.
- MSSQL and Oracle DB Knowledge (SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors) – is advantage.
- Read, understand and debug big existing coded base of a complex product.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Experience with HP Software product – Advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, customers and support engineers for design and problem solving proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 10 years related experience.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Core Technical Leadership
Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and in ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights
Project Leadership & Troubleshooting
Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas
Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top