Senior IT Asset Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Asset Administrator Advanced under minimal supervision, performs Hardware Asset analysis for multiple clients of the AsM Organization. Will assist in the development and execution of Steady State Asset Management processes. Will manage the resolution of conflicts in the data by interfacing with internal and external teams. Will ensure accuracy and availability of asset information for operational use as defined in the client Statement of Work. They are the escalation point to the end user for resolving all inconsistencies in the Asset Repository (verify asset inventory accuracy by identifying discrepancies between Asset Repository and auto-discovery data, billing data, ADMS, and other data repositories). They need to have visibility of changes in the client business in order to determine if changes in the amount or configuration of the assets are aligned with the clients business needs. Will coordinate with other teams to identify and analyze root cause of Asset Database errors (exceptions), reconcile the discrepancies, and ensure root cause is resolved and error generation is eliminated.
The Sr. Analyst will be expected to cover the Asset Manager on leaves or vacations and take that experience as on the role training experience; also, the Sr. Analyst is expected to have a more active participation in the engagement with the end customer and well as have enough acumen of the Asset Manager Role as well as the overall engagement and startup process for the accounts.
- Uses Asset Management standards, process and procedures as required
- Is accountable for populating the Asset Management Database with accurate configuration, location and lifecycle information
- Is responsible for the accuracy and availability of populated asset information in the Asset Management Database, ensuring compliance to client standards
- Analyzes asset data produced by different tools to improve and verify the quality of the asset data
- Produce standard and Ad Hoc reports
- At the direction of the Asset Manager, undertakes periodic audit of asset information
- Ensures that agreed asset audit variances are reconciled and changes are applied to the Asset Management Database
- Ensures that variances in data accuracy in the Asset Management Database are monitored and corrected accordingly and that corrective actions are taken to prevent recurring variances
- Is responsible for owning efficient, quality problem resolution, where Asset Management expertise is required
- Provides input to Asset Management process improvement and actively participates in providing ideas both internally and externally
- Effectively measures the impact of improvements in the process by base-lining and keeping a series of meaningful business metrics and reports
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Asset analysts or Data Analysts on tools/processes/procedures pertaining to their account or overall to AsM
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
o 4 years experience with Hardware or Software Asset management or related activities
o Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience
o ITIL Foundations certified or in depth understanding of Asset Management processes and lifecycle
o Asset Center or Asset Manager proficiency (or any other Asset Repository System)
o Proficient problem solving skills
o Proficient business communication skills
o Proven record to analyze high volumes of data to ensure accuracy and compliance to standards
o Ability to query and compare data
o Proficient in Microsoft Excel
o Capacity to lead multidisciplinary teams that are not under his/her direct supervision
o Time management and work-load balancing skills
o Able to prioritized and multitask
o Software Licensing
o Lease Management
o Maintenance Contracts
o Auto-discovery Tools / Compliancy Reporting tools (ITO AA, Blazent, DDMI, SCCM)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top