Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Business Units ERP team under Global Financial Systems (GFS) provides technical business process knowledge, strategic design leadership, and end-state architecture for all BU ERP systems as they pertain to Finance. The team provides business process knowledge and application subject matter expertise in support of systems development and controls for Supply Chain, Revenue, Services, and Project/Contract Accounting.
In this role with GFS, this person will support projects and production support and drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., System feeds from different sources). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Subject matter expert will be in charge to support projects related to ERP's system such as FAMS Velocity and Buy/sell
- Leads and provides expertise to project teams during the implementation of a system solution.
- Troubleshoots independently, quickly finding the root cause of issues.
- Leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and leads cross-functional initiatives.
- Partners with internal customers, examining moderately to highly complex issues or concerns to find a solution.
- Uses expert subject matter knowledge and research to identify and develop the business potential of a given project.
- Solves most problems independently and articulates issues across functions and businesses, collaborating with other individuals contributors, sometimes outside of the job family, to bring about solutions.
- Identifies and implements process improvement.
- Mentors and trains lower level employees.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in finance or computer science; advanced degree preferred.
- 6 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Expert understanding of accounting principles.
- Expert project management skills for running large, complex projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to generate original ideas and to bring about their implementation.
- Fusion Velocity and iCost is desired.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top