Senior Financial Solutions Systems Architecture Project Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
Join HP’s Financial Solutions – Systems Architecture team as a Finance Project Manager. In this role you will be responsible for driving efficient and comprehensive project solution implementations with metrics based execution.
The Senior Financial Solutions Systems Architecture Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and delivery of strategic and tactical end to end Finance Operations Programs. This individual will be responsible for acting as a planner and project manager for integrated systems activities at a Global or Corporate level and serve as a consulting resource at the Business Unit level as required. This individual will partner with and coordinate the involvement of multiple Finance organizations to ensure conformity to published AFM guidelines.
They will act as a project manager coordinating the efforts of other project team members of the team to deliver integrated systems based solution sets to the project. The individual may act as a technical designer and planner in the design and delivery of transactional flows. There is a strong emphasis on planning, organizing, communication and leadership. The Project Manager will plan and be responsible for all aspects of the project in accordance with SDLC Project Methodology; including the management and monitoring of resources, schedules, cost, and effective time utilization, delivery of the project deliverables, escalation management and management of change.
The PM will maintain regular contact with clients ensuring quality and high standards are maintained at all times. The PM may organize, brief and supervise the testing process. Ensure clear communications throughout the project. Understand customer needs, applications, and trends. Work with and influence other groups and functional areas in defining policy, procedures, or systems. The dynamic environment requires that the PM be able to exercise creativity in the design, development, or improvement of major functional processes.
The Finance Project Manager:
- Leads complex process design, re-design and large, complex projects from beginning to end while managing the project budget, resources, scope and schedule
- Is an Expert and in-depth understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders and management at the VP and SVP level
- Demonstrates facilitation skills to conduct effective project meetings and engage stakeholders.
- Works with customers and other key stakeholders to collaboratively execute Management of Change deliverables
- Manages project escalations
- Develops and manages the risk management plan and proactively manages risks by monitoring residual risks, identifying new risks, executing risk response plans and evaluating their effectiveness throughout the project life cycle.
- Interfaces with all levels of the organization
- Has Ability to lead virtual global teams and influence without authority
- Is Flexible to engage across regional time zones
- Has strong interpersonal relationship skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent project management skills for running large, highly complex projects.
- Excellent time management skills
- Initiative and independence, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative without a lot of direction in times of ambiguity
- Ability to generate original ideas and to bring about their implementation.
- Strong understanding of HP’s businesses and priorities.
- Ability to determine impact of process implementations to the larger business.
- Leadership skills and proactive approach
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 strongly preferred.)
- Typically 5 years of experience as a project manager.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top