Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Key member of the FP&A team supporting the Nimble Storage business within Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives. Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Reports to Nimble Storage finance management.
- Support the monthly / quarterly forecasting process for the Nimble Storage business in HPE; participate in month-end closing and reporting activities; perform variance analysis; ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business; partner with business functions and other finance functions to ensure all expenses are understood and recorded accurately; prepare executive review presentation materials; present to executives and other audiences.
- Provide complex financial analysis for various business functions and/or business partners, exercising a thorough understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Collaborate with business partners and finance management to drive annual planning activities and establish long term strategic plans and objectives; consult with business partners to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Drive key aspects of the integration of Nimble Storage into HPE; assess the progress of the integration and identify opportunities for improvement as needed.
- Lead and advise on complex business initiatives, potentially involving cross-functional teams across geographies and organizations.
- Drive process improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of finance experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
- At least three years of experience in enterprise IT finance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills; strong executive presence.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
About Nimble Storage:
Nimble Storage develops predictive all-flash and hybrid-flash storage solutions that provide fast and reliable access to data. Nimble Storage was acquired by HPE in April 2017 and operates as part of the HPE Storage business. The acquisition of Nimble strengthened HPE's leadership in Hybrid IT and created a comprehensive, leading-edge storage portfolio by bringing together Nimble's predictive flash offerings with HPE's 3PAR, SimpliVity and MSA products.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top