Senior Financial Analyst
A Revenue Recognition Analyst provides leadership, development and application of consistent revenue recognition rules, policies and assist in documenting accounting guidance for HPE’s revenue generating activities on a global basis with specific reference to internal Accounting Finance Manual and external GAAP SOP 97-2 , SAB 101/104, EITF 00-21, SOP 81-1, etc. You will ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
Responsibilities may include the following depending upon job level:
Ensure compliance to HPE rules and Policy
- Support local General Manager to achieve revenue and product mix target
- Review customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards;
- Assist in the negotiation of large deals and answering revenue questions for each region
- Writing memos/whitepapers on revenue treatment for large transactions
- Working with controllership and auditors on acceptance of the revenue dispositions
- Provide revenue recognitions training to sales, sales operations, sales finance, legal, product marketing and etc
- Provide strategic initiatives and other ad hoc projects to the company in the area of revenue assurance
- Ensure regional SLA objectives to the Business and to Controllership through engagement and effective regular
- Ensure Revenue Accounting accuracy and completeness
- Ensure understanding of the related SOX Compliance Framework and ensure proper execution of the functions key
- Actively participate in team meetings, knowledge sharing/ training sessions
- Manage work life balance whilst being flexible during peak times, such as quarter end or vacation cover
- Put One HPE first and team to create business value while working effectively in a culturally diverse and virtual team
through clear and effective communication and building/maintaining constructive relationships.
- Self development through established personal development goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 8 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top