Senior Finance Project Manager
Senior Finance Project Manager
Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Independently leads projects teams to design and implementation of a system solution.
- Troubleshoots independently, quickly finding the root cause of the most complex issues and resolving them.
- Runs major cross-functional projects of one year duration supported by teams of 20 or more members and oversees several workstreams.
- Partners with internal customers to deliver reports and resolve the most complex issues.
- Uses in-depth knowledge and research to generate and implement innovative new ideas that will be integral in driving future success for the company across the globe.
- Solves problems independently and articulates complex issues across functions and businesses, collaborating with other individuals contributors, sometimes outside of the job family, to bring about solutions.
- Identifies, implements, and leads process improvement.
- Mentors and trains lower level employees.
- Represents Global Business Systems (GBS) across functions.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in finance or computer science; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert and in-depth understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Superior oral and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders and management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Superior understanding of accounting principals.
- Excellent project management skills for running large, highly complex projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to generate original ideas and to bring about their implementation.
- Strong understanding of the company's businesses and priorities.
- Ability to determine impact of process implementations to the larger business.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top