Senior Database Administration Specialist (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a Senior Database Administration Specialist.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Support all platform databases (currently SUN/Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server), and any new or updated database technologies required by the government.
Education and Experience Required:
- * Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 5 – 8 or more years of related experience
- Experience working with computer systems hardware, software and associated communication networks
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
- Experience working with database performance tuning
- CompTIA Security or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. This position requires access to systems governed by the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). Personnel performing this function must be PRP certified. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- * Skills in configuring and installing various operating systems and application software
- Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and Database Management as well as knowledge of IT service management process
- Experience with Oracle’s RMAN, Streams, Goldengate, Dataguard, PL/SQL
- Scripting knowledge in Perl and shell scripting
- Possess a familiarity with UNIX / Linux operating systems and VMware
- Background in a Database Administration in a substantially large enterprise.
- Oracle Certification Associate or related certification
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top