Senior Core Java Designer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Java engineer with good technical knowledge and hands on in latest technologies for the HPE SW APM team. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams to understand the new product/customer requirements, develop and provide quality code as part of each release. As a Engineer you will also be working in resolving customer issues and providing resolutions to the support team. It involves travel from time to time to customer sites all around the world in addition to developing features for various APM products such as SiteScope, BPM and RUM.
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Analyze the root cause of a complicated and high scale IT environments problems, research, debug and drive to a resolution while supplying the best solution
- Review and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Implement new features and defects to support the product roadmap and its customer base.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Lead the coordination with support engineers, escalation managers, partners, customers, product manager and R&D manager over technical issues related to the product
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 6-12 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Core Java is a must. Exposure to technologies like AngularJS, HTML5 is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, customers and support engineers for design and problem solving proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top