Senior Collections Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Customer/Internal Partner Engagement:
- Confirm correct dispute owners/reason codes are assigned to open disputes; provide feedback on incorrect assignments
- Ensure collections is logging disputes in a timely manner
- Identify appropriate internal partner contacts to resolve open disputes
- Proactively make regular contact with internal partners on aging disputes
- Respond and follow up promptly on all internal partner requests or issues
- Build and maintain strong internal partner (Business and RTM) relationships
- Proactively learn internal partner infrastructure, processes and escalation contacts to enhance resolution of disputed transactions; become an expert on assigned partner focus
- Manage regular reviews with dispute owners to address dispute status, work on solutions for open disputes and determine appropriate escalation steps to resolve disputes within agreed turnaround time
- Document all dispute related activities in designated system/local files following standard commenting procedures
Escalations and Internal Collaboration:
- Escalate aging disputes following standard processes to C&C resources and internal partners exercising independent judgment and building positive relationship
- Identify, investigate and escalate “at risk” disputes as per defined processes, making recommendations on reserve or write off decisions.
Planning and Governance:
- Independently prioritize actions and workload to meet/exceed metrics
- Provide input to collections teams on open disputes for month-end/quarter end forecast and collector account reviews
- Participate in all governance related activities at team, Region and Global level to identify specific actions and provide regular status updates
- Exercise independent judgment in compliance with C&C policies and processes, audit standards, SOX standards and other regulatory requirements
- Provide reports, analysis or other information as required to Internal Partners and Collections Teams
- Proactively analyze root causes of disputes and take appropriate actions
About the candidate
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
- Typically 15 years of experience in a finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- Typically 6 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior ability to provide finance consultation to senior managers within a broad scope
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Superior project management and prioritization skills
- Superior people management skills, including managing senior teams across geographies
- Excellent ability to build executive level partnerships across functions and businesses
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top