Senior Cloud Practice Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
HPE US Public Sector Sales organization has an immediate need in our Herndon, VA office for a Solution Designer specializing in Cloud/Data Center Services. In this role, you are responsible for developing the technical solution around cloud solutions, developing competitive costing and business case alignment of various products and services in support of HPE’s pursuits supporting our US Federal and SLED clients.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Working individually or as part of a team, determine customer requirements in complex and often ambiguous outsourced environments from client RFx documents and/or client interactions. Interacts effectively with team, pursuit leaders, internal governance and business leadership to advance sales efforts.
- Developing solution components comprehending the ongoing delivery of services, services startup/transition, technology/process transformation and ongoing refresh which meet client’s specifications, strategic direction, technology context, and business needs.
- Ensures that any solution elements within their scope contribute to an innovative value proposition. Is creative and adapts to customer needs rather than providing “boiler plate” responses.
- Communicates inter-tower dependencies, volume overlaps, staff sharing, and other opportunities for solution optimization. Assesses solution, delivery and client needs to identify integration points. Clearly defines risks through governance process and works to mitigate them.
- Conducts and/or coordinates internal solution governance reviews
Responsible for solution development, competitive costing, commercial proposition integration and business case alignment of Enterprise Services solutions supporting client business, applications and/or information technology environments. Solution scope includes ongoing delivery of services, services startup and transition, initial people, technology and process transformation as well as ongoing refresh, meeting client’s specifications, strategic direction, technology context, and business needs. Confidently articulates all aspects of solution and persuasively communicates value to the client. Influences client evaluation criteria and decision making. Works individually, in teams or as leader, to determine customer requirements in complex and often ambiguous outsourced environments. Interacts effectively with team, pursuit leaders, internal governance and business leadership to advance sales efforts.
- 10 years’ experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling and delivery or account management
- Experience working with US Federal Government and/or SLED customers
- US Citizen, Security Clearance is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive understanding of and experience in AWS and/or Azure cloud architecture
- Strong knowledge with Servers, Storage products and services (e.g. HP, Dell and IBM server platforms and technologies; HP EVA, 3Par, EMC, NetApp, SAN, SAN Fabric, etc…)
- Confidently articulates specific aspects of solution and persuasively communicates value to the client
- Solid level of general IT industry, data center technologies and US Public Sector business acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with internal stakeholders and client on RFP requirements, solution, issues and challenges
- AWS and/or Azure, a plus
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience; Masters degree preferred
12 years experience in solution selling and/or consultative selling and delivery or account management
5-10 years experience in project/program management
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top