Senior Category Manager - IT Procurement
Senior Category Manager - IT Procurement
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Financial Services is uniquely positioned to help customers move to the New Style of IT by providing: - Investment solutions that enhance business flexibility and agility - Investment expertise on a globally consistent basis - The capability and control to scale technology with speed and confidence We help customers build IT investment strategies that support transformation and the ability to deliver on business goals.
Responsible for managing commodities/categories worldwide, including goods and services that support the company and its customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base development to meet the company and customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability.
Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- Leads a complex supply chain category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to business executives.
- Leads a complex, international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder business executives to discuss impact of supply chain strategic development on overall business and to develop forward-thinking supply chain strategies; influences the industry or marketplace for complex categories; engages with market leaders.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads complex Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization for complex categories.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with highly complex and critical suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the most complex, long-term suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in forward- thinking strategic development and relationship building.
- Develops strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operations improvement.
- Innovates complex business models, drives associated strategies and influences the marketplace.
- Identifies complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using custom solutions.
- Advises executive level business leaders on all contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 8-10+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
- Understanding of IT procurement and indirect procurement
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and highly complex suppliers.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Drives development and efficiency of procurement tools and applications.
- Advanced communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Program Management Skills, incorporating multiple projects
- Advanced team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to independently draft legal contractual documents.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Capable of independently drafting custom contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Subject matter expertise on known and emerging contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Advanced ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Excellent understanding of the company.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top