Senior Business Intelligence Technical Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
HPE is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence technical consultant with significant experience in the deployment, administration and management of Business Intelligence software such as Cognos, SAS, Tableau, SSRS/SSAS etc. to help with the design and operational delivery of Business Intelligence services including Incident Management, Change Management, Problem management, Capacity and Performance management.
Excellent communication skills, a strategic vision, strong problem solving abilities and experience working cooperatively with large enterprise teams.
The candidate will play a key role in the technical delivery/support of the implementation of new Business Intelligence software infrastructure. As part of a team, they will be responsible for oversight of Business Intelligence infrastructure through planning/design, capacity planning, installation, configuration, deployment, troubleshooting/support, issue resolution, daily performance and availability monitoring.
- Subject Matter Expert for Business Intelligence infrastructure build/implementation and delivery for projects
- Administration (Installation, configuration, tuning and support) of Business Intelligence software and appliances.
- Participate in the upgrade/patching planning and execution of the Business Intelligence software and appliances.
- Provide subject matter expertise for standards/best practices, security related threats and vulnerabilities as it pertains to the Business Intelligence infrastructure.
- Participate in Incident Management, Change Management, Deployment Management and Problem Management activities.
- Participate in resolving High Severity issues and work to resolve the same in a timely manner.
- Document Root Cause Analysis for all High Severity issues and present the same to clients.
- Interacting with product vendors to investigate problems and understand product roadmaps
- React to any given technical situation that requires immediate attention to ensure maximum system availability for supported Business Intelligence instances.
- Participate in an on-call escalation rotation schedule.
- Work with multiple teams for successful resolution of issues and incidents.
- Ensure alignment with corporate standards and strategic technology decisions.
- Communicate and report task-level status to management.
- Ensure adherence to applicable Change and Release Management processes.
- Clearly present technical information verbally and in writing to management, read and interpret complex information; listen well and talk with customers regarding their requirements
- Self-motivated professional to work with minimal direction with effective time management skills
- Open to flexible working conditions including after-hours project delivery, scheduled application maintenance and support
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 10-15 years relevant computer operations work experience
- 5-10 years of experience with Business Intelligence technologies
- Solid understanding of software architecture, design principles, design patterns and software best practices
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
Technical knowledge and skills required:
The position requires at least 10 years working experience with large scale production systems.
Knowledge or experience in some of the following areas is a must:
- Cognos versions 8.3, 7.4 and 10.2 – Cognos Administration, Cognos Access Manager
- Cognos TM1 version 10.1
- SAS versions 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4 – SAS Administration, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner,
SAS Data Integration Studio
- Tableau versions 9.1 and 10.0 – Tableau Administration, Tableau Desktop
- Installing SSRS/SSAS versions 2008 and 2012
- Experience working on all flavors of Operating Systems (Solaris, Windows, etc)
- UNIX scripting knowledge
- Experience with large scale integration and hosting environments
- Experience working on large scale projects with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with networking, load balancers, proxy servers, firewalls, security and shell scripting
Other relevant skills:
- Business Applications: Service Manager, ServiceNow, etc – nice to have
- Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Autosys or equivalent scheduling tool
- Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio – nice to have
- Information Risk Management: Active Directory – nice to have
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL, Six Sigma, etc – nice to have
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top