Senior AIX Administrator
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Evaluate the customer’s business demands and transform these into an abstract, than into a business model. The main duty of a Functional Consultant is to transfer external know-how to the client. He must understand the processes, identify defects and adapt to the client’s business needs.
- Participates in the knowledge transfer and transition phases
- Provides specialized skills and knowledge of a particular domain (technical, business and/or application) that helps to ensure rapid resolution of Incidents and service calls
- Provides workarounds for incidents that cannot be permanently resolved immediately
- Performs the activities necessary for the immediate short-term resolution of incidents and service requests so those customers can resume work as rapidly as possible following a service interruption
- Provides comprehensive and accurate information to management about the quality of Support
- Makes service improvement suggestions to management
- Accurately and fully completes the service request/incident records
- Assesses incident priority and determines if the priority needs to be adjusted based on additional information
- Coordinates incident resolution and service request completion with various workgroups
- Provides information to customer regarding the status of their incidents or service requests
- Communicates with the customer to gain agreement that the incident or service request has been completed and closes the record
- Documents known errors, workarounds and resolution plans
- Keeps the Problem Record Updated in a timely manner
- Submits Change Requests to implement the corrective actions.
- Validates corrective actions and works with Problem Coordinator to ensure Problem has been solved
- Strong knowledge on the following activities:
- Basic system administration such as configurations, spool, RFC, background processing, etc.
- License management, System monitoring and System traces
- User administration including authorizations and security
- Transport management
- Version and Kernel Upgrade
- Support package administration
- Homogeneous (/heterogeneous) migration
- Operating System/Database
- Basic database administration such as backup, space administration, healthchecks, etc.
- Database installation and upgrade
- Database patch installation and upgrade
- General operating system administration such as file navigation, monitoring, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve incidents and service requests including coordination with various groups
- Ability to implement and execute change requests completely and accurately as aligned
- Ability to provide Root Cause Analysis or RCA, for service improvements, error documentation, workaround and resolution plans
- Additional skills/competencies as required by the account
- Provides comprehensive and quality support for all technical, process-related and escalation activities
Education and Experience Required:
- Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Background in Change and Release Management is a plus.
- ITIL Practitioner certified and/or extensive experience in ITIL processes is a plus.
- Can work remotely with his peers/team.
- Knowledgeable in Operating System and Database administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule (on-call, night shift included)
- Exposure with AIX, UNIX, Korn shell scripting for at least three (3) years; Required skill(s): LPAR, HACMP, NIM, NFS, JFS, LVM, AIX configurations, Performance Tuning, Problem Determination
- 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent. Job role in System Administrator or equivalent
- Strong in troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue.
- Strong knowledge in Configuration and administration of:
- Veritas Volume Manager
- Veritas Filesystem.
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Writing shell/perl scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
- Certification on AIX.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top