Senior Accounting Analyst
Senior Accounting Analyst
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Forecasts financial results within a broad scope.
- Leads business initiatives, typically leading analysts across multiple sub-functions within finance.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top