Security Technical Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
- Gathers and assesses customer IT security needs, both business and technical; works with customer IT and LOB management to develop an accurate understanding of business needs and related issues
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion)
- Identifies customer-wide IT security parameters and constraints that impact the solution
- Identifies probable competition and evaluates relative HP strengths
- Create an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s requirements
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components with both short and long term implications.
- Builds strong professional technical relationship with key IT and LOB executives across the Regio
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Actively participates with the account team in account and opportunity planning across the SEAS region
- Provides solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Understands the roles and proactively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners
- Leads the presales direction for assigned account(s) and contributes to the presales direction for the Region
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP’s security technology & solutions (such as HPE ArcSight, HPE Fortify) or other similar products or solutions.
- Has deep expertise in area of specialization on one or more IT security technologies and products such as Network Security (Firewall, IPS, etc.) Application Security (Code Scanning, Penetration Testing, etc.), Log management, SIEM, Cryptography, Encryption.
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Has demonstrated hands-on level skills with some of the technology such as Windows/Linux OS, Networking, Scripting/Programming and relevant IT security solutions.
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HPE.
- Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first:We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action:We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart:We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top