Security Operation Center (SOC) Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
The SOC Manager will plan, direct and control the functions and operations of the 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC). To monitor and analyze security incidents to protect client information and assets from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or destruction. Develop and maintain an incident response program to address all security incidents and ensure timely escalation to appropriate business units for validation/investigation. To ensure adherence to regulatory compliance, federal and state laws governing information security, customer identification program, personal identifiable information and assets. Monitor all intelligence sources to identify potential threats/compromises which may target the client and develop proactive strategies to minimize the impact of these threats.
- Direct the functions, processes, and operations of the SOC and ensures policies and procedures, and objectives align with client goals
- Lead the operations of the SOC to ensure optimal identification/resolution of security incidents, and enhance client security
- Manage the collection, documentation and research of security incidents received via the SOC
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements
- Oversee the monitoring, identification and resolution of security incidents to detect threats through analysis, investigations and prioritization of incidents based on risk/exposure
- Manage outsourced and in-house SOC services for quality performance and fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop and maintain an incident response management program that includes incident detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and chain of evidence/ forensic artifacts required for additional investigations.
- Develop, maintain, and submit SOC compliance reports as required by the client
- Develop appropriate response strategies based on intelligence received
- Communicate threats to Senior Management which may impact the client
- Analyze applications functionality and new technologies to optimize effective/efficient incident review by staff and minimize client risk
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc training exercises to ensure staff are current with the latest threats and incident response techniques
- Oversee and develop strategies to identify, detect, and prevent fraudulent activity
- Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor and counsel staff
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
- Ensure efficiency of operations
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of related work experience desired.
- 10 years of experience in the Cyber Security field.
- Prior SOC Management experience highly desired.
- Prior Security Engineering Experience desired.
- Prior security analysis experience is desired.
- CISSP Certification required
- PMP Certification highly desired
- Desirable certifications include, Security , CEH, GCIA, GCIH or similar.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Proficiency with case management and ticketing systems
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience, knowledge and resolution ability
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor new analysts
- Experience performing analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Experience performing analysis utilizing IDS/AV consoles
- Strong understanding of networking and associated protocols
- ArcSight experience is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of general cyber security concepts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance is required
- Ability to pass client specific background checks is required
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top