Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering outsourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
Location: Anywhere in the USA within large metropolitan cities and easy access to airports (Except CA and NY)
Travel: Up To 75%
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) is one of the key focus solution areas within Enterprise Security Services (ESS) – Security Consulting. The SIEM Consultant is required to work on and lead the SIEM Architecture, design and implementation of major projects for commercial and government customers. We are seeking an innovative and motivated consultant who, under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the necessary architecture, analysis and design, and implementation tasks related to the development of SIEM configurations, use cases and operational models or specific security solutions to meet the customer’s requirement.
The consultant will be required to work on multiple client accounts and must have the ability to develop and present security solutions to leadership and technical teams. In addition the consultant will be required to lead and assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise clients of security standards, best practice and solutions relating to the SIEM solution.
- Contributes to SIEM pre-sales, consultancy and service delivery deliverables as directed by the Regional Practice Leader and Senior SIEM consultants
- Is a specialist in SIEM from either a Management or Technical perspective, capable of understanding and resolving complex SIEM issues
- Is able to articulate the business benefits of SIEM to business/technical customers as appropriate, helping them to identify potential future opportunities and bringing them to the attention of people who can commit the required resources to realize those benefits
- Is a collaborative person who can work with customers and partners. They will demonstrate personal flexibility and focused delivery to ensure the team deliver quality solutions and increase customer satisfaction
- Is familiar with HP ESS’s SIEM services portfolio offerings, HP SIEM products (ArcSight) and associated key partners. They always stay on message but are aware of new ideas/products and ready to suggest innovative new markets that HP ESS/HP may wish to consider
- Has SIEM industry awareness including market leaders and key business drivers
- Contributes to the development of White Papers, Presentations and web-site content in support of HP ESS’s SIEM proposition
- Produces quality proposals that require minimal checking
- Documents feedback and lessons learned from customer engagements so that HP ESS colleagues can benefit from this knowledge and be alerted to potential new opportunities
- Shares knowledge within the SIEM community
- Treats customers, colleagues and partners with the utmost respect, helping to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance HP ESS’s reputation
- Is a mobile worker typically involved in pre-sales and service delivery visits to customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s or advanced degree in related field preferred
- 7 years of professional experience within Information Security
- Experience in architectural design and implementation of SIEM solutions
- Expert knowledge of ArcSight SIEM installation, configuration, troubleshooting and design.
- Comparable knowledge with products of other leading SIEM vendors like QRadar and Splunk is highly preferred
- Contemporary base operating systems and major database platforms architectural knowledge for enterprise environments
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts
- Appreciation of the business drivers demanding a SIEM solution
- Understanding of legislative demands and compliance requirements mitigated through SIEM
- Understanding of the additional enabling features achieved from an effective SIEM solution
- Experience of the supporting policy, procedures and practices required to deliver and maintain an effective operational SIEM solution – at the customer or through a service
- Ability to prepare SIEM documents and presentations in such a way that they are easily understood by the appropriate audience
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family
- Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in SIEM focus area
- Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an HP sales campaign
- Fluency in English language.
- Very good Knowledge of MS Office (most importantly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Valid Car Drivers License
- Desired Skills:
- Professional Accreditations (CISSP, CISM, Vendor Certifications, …)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top